Thursday, June 20, 2013

Essence Gel Eyeliner meets Jojoba Oil

Hello!

Here I am again after long time no see with a new post. Today I wanted to share with you my DIY experiment. And precisely- how to bring back to life your dried out gel eyeliner.



I've been using the essence gel eyeliner and I liked it for a couple of months, but after a while it started to dry out and started flaking and budging. Now here's a confession- I may have or not have been responsible for that because I often times leave the lid not fully closed. Yup, guilty as charged. I'm always rushing and not having enough time to do my makeup (but it is precisely when I have practically no time at all, when I feel a terrible need to pull off the cat eyeliner). My motto seems to be:


So the first method I tried was to warm the gel eyeliner for a couple of seconds in the microwave. The first time, the effect was great- the eyeliner was almost like new.

The next day however- it was different. I had to warm it up again and soon I found myself running to the microwave every time I wanted to put the gel eyeliner on. It even got to the point when as sson as it cooled off (30 seconds out of the micro) the product hardened like a rock. It seems that all this heat processing was taking its toll.

I was about to give up trying and go buy a new gel eyeliner but there was one last measure I decided to try. 
I added 1-2 drops of jojoba oil in the pot and stirred. I can safey say- it turned out great. The gel is easy to use again, there's no flaking and it stays creamy for days and even longer after the life saving procedure. :)

The reason why I chose jojoba oil was that I knew it is safe for the eyes. I usually use the jojoba oil to remove my mascara and eyeliner or even as an eye cream but now I have found another purpose for it. 

This is what I use- it's by Ikarov :



Te jojoba oil is known for its moisturizing benefits and I also read somewhere thet is good for your eyelashes. I think there's some truth in the latter. My lashes haven't become longer ot thicker but they do seem healthier and my mascara looks better. I've been using it for about 6 months now.

So I hope I was helpful.

I can't wait to include some product reviews and my own photos but for the time being it's not possible since my camera broke. I hope I can fix this as soon as possible so that I'll be able to blog more. Till then:

2 comments:

LauraJHyatt said...

My friend actually told me about this, as she loved it so much. Sounds good from you’ve said too. Might actually have to go try it now. Thanks. Big fan of your blog too by the way. Love your photographs xxx
http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

19bows said...

Thank you! Sorry for the late answer, your blog is amazing- followed :)

http://19bows.blogspot.se

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...