Sunday, October 14, 2012

Rose Water

Hello!
For my first post on this blog I decided to talk about the benefits of rose water for skin.
Rose water is basically a byproduct of steam distillation of rose petals. I started using it recently as a cheap and natural toner just because I felt my skin needed some special treatment.

Image

Reasons to love rose water:
a toner good for all skin types- it moisturizes and softens
helps with acne, redness, inflammation, rosacea
shrinks the pores and has anti-inflammatory properties
Here are some ideas on how to use rose water and add it to your beauty arsenal.
  • Put it in an empty spray bottle and use it as a refreshing and quick pick-me-up throughout the day even with your makeup on. It brightens the skin and makes it more radiant and glowing.
  • Mix with glycerin for a rich night cream for dry skin. Or just use it before your usual moisturizer for more even complexion and anti-fatigue effect.
  • Soak 2 cotton pads with chilled rose water and place them over your eyes after a long day to moisturize and soothe your eye-area.
  • Add it as an ingredient in your homemade facial mask.
    For example you can mix 1 tbsp rose water and 1 tbsp fuller’s earth clay to deep cleanse and tighten the pores. This mask is great for oily skin.
*Make sure you’re using a natural rose water without any added ingredients and check specifically for alcohol. This is the one I use:
Image
But you can even make your own homemade rose water:
Image

*Make sure that before using rose water for the first time you make a test first applying some on a small patch of your skin to see if you are allergic.

Image

3 comments:

Lan said...

so cute *_* your blog is very good and interesting. maybe follow? im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

xx
beauthi.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I have a rose water toner and I just adore the smell! would love to try and make my own though :)

http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

Boots do a rose water cleanser and toner that i love! so good for the skin and it smells lovely.

Great post :)

Tanesha x
www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...